at Flywire (View all jobs)
Our payment process is simple and straightforward, but we are forever innovating to make it faster, easier and even more transparent. As part of this push, we, at Flywire, are looking for an exceptional Data Engineer or Data Architect to help us develop and manage our data management platform. This individual should be passionate about taking on complex data problems and excited about the prospect of handling the design, implementation, integration and testing of our data pipelines.
- Manage our data management platform from start to finish
- Maintain and expand our ETL processes
- Integrate new data management technologies tools into our existing stack
- Explore opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Improve data reliability, efficiency and quality of our data pipelines
Our ideal candidate has:
- Professional work experience in software engineering or a related discipline
- An expertise with the following technologies:
- Hadoop-based and streaming technologies.
- SQL storages such as PostgreSQL,MySQL and NoSQL like MongoDB
- Data warehousing solutions
- A background working on open source or other data related projects
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- A desire for learning and contributing to the development of others through code reviews, tech talks, or personal coaching
- Fluency in English, as it is the company’s working language
Who we are:
A disruptive force in the world of global payments, Flywire was founded in Boston on the single, novel idea that making tuition payments can be easy, convenient, and transparent for international students. We’ve come a long way—from opening offices in Singapore, Tokyo, Shanghai, London, Manchester and Valencia, to moving into the world of international healthcare payments—and we’re looking for the right people to help us continue moving forward.
We’re proud of our accomplishments, but also feel our company’s culture speaks volumes about us. At Flywire, we are a passionate, enthusiastic group that believes in no-limit collaboration. We refuse to be constrained by big-company inhibitors, such as title, seniority, or departmental function, instead choosing to maintain a “roll-up your sleeves” and “get it done” attitude. Oriented toward constructive debates rooted in respect, we remain focused on teaming up with our colleagues from around the world to serve our global clients and consumers.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer.