The Department of Computer Science, University of Rostock invites applications for
5 research positions in the field of intelligent systems and artificial intelligence
To start on July 1, 2019.
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Rostock is expanding its research in the field of artificial intelligence and machine learning. Five positions in this research area will be funded for the duration of three years starting on July 1, 2019. The positions are available in three research projects funded by the Excellence Initiative of the state Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. A top priority of these projects is to facilitate the scientific qualification of the position holder (doctoral degree or habilitation). The following positions are available:
Project DigiCare – Digital Training of Nursing and Health Management Personnel
- PhD position (salary scale TVL-13, reference number D 92/2019, Link: https://www.uni-rostock.de/fileadmin/uni-rostock/Stellenausschreibungen/D92-19.pdf). Topic: reconstruction of semantic learning dialogue structures from semi-structured learning materials with methods from the field of natural language processing.
- PhD position (salary scale TVL-13, reference number D 88/2019, Link: https://www.uni-rostock.de/fileadmin/uni-rostock/Stellenausschreibungen/D88-19_.pdf). Topic: domain-specific learner-controlled presentation of teaching and learning material with the help of methods for (neural) time series analysis and recursive Bayesian state estimation.
Project E-BRAIN – Evidence-based Robot Assistance in Neural Rehabilitation
- PhD position (salary scale TVL-13, reference number D 74/2019, Link: https://www.uni-rostock.de/fileadmin/uni-rostock/Stellenausschreibungen/D74-19.pdf). Topic: development of role and dialogue models for human-robot interaction and robot-mediated motivation and adherence management in human-computer interaction.
- Postdoctoral position (salary scale TVL-13, reference number D 75/2019, Link: https://www.uni-rostock.de/fileadmin/uni-rostock/Stellenausschreibungen/D75-19.pdf). Topic: development of probabilistic models of sensor-based situation recognition in humanoid robot platform for training control and physical and emotional stress management in dialogue-supported therapy management.
Project NEISS – Neural Extraction of Information, Structures and Symmetries from imaging data
- PhD position (75%, salary scale TVL-13, reference number D 73/2019, Link: https://www.uni-rostock.de/fileadmin/uni-rostock/Stellenausschreibungen/D73-19.pdf). Topic: development of hybrid methods for recognition of structures in high-dimensional data based on (deeper) neural networks and symmetry-containing probabilistic methods (lifted inference).
Here is the concrete table for TVL-13 http://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/c/t/rechner/tv-l/ost?id=tv-l-ost&g=E_13&s=1&zv=VBL&z=100&zulage=&stj=2019&stkl=1&r=0&zkf=&kk=15.5%25
We are looking for applicants with:
- relevant practical and theoretical knowledge in the topic-specific research fields (artificial intelligence, machine learning, human-computer interaction).
- for PhD candidates: successfully completed university degree (Diploma, Master or comparable) in computer science, mathematics, or related field.
- for postdoctoral researchers: very good or excellent dissertation in the field of computer science or one of the relevant for the projects research fields (artificial intelligence, machine learning, human-computer interaction).
- willingness and ability to conduct independent research and to present research results in scientific publications.
- ability to conduct empirical and experimental research using software systems from the field of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- self-organization and ability to work in interdisciplinary research groups.
- ability to supervise student assistants and student projects.
- good knowledge of written and spoken English and German language.
- the applicant’s commitment in working on his / her own research qualification is expected.
a diverse and stimulating research environment in one of the oldest universities of northern Europe which offers innovative, modern and family friendly atmosphere in a city located on the Baltic Sea.
contract according to the regulations of the contract rate for the public sector of the state (TV-L).
the option to work on her / his own doctoral degree / habilitation.
compensation according to salary group as outlined above given that the personal and rate requirements are fulfilled.
The positions are fixed-term positions according to § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
University of Rostock is following the university corporate governance guidelines.
Equality is an integral part of our policy towards personnel. Applications of candidates with impairments or equivalent persons are welcome. The University of Rostock aspires a more equitable gender balance in research and teaching and explicitly welcomes highly qualified women to apply to the position. Applications from persons with foreign nationalities or with migration background are also very welcome.
We are looking forward to your applications per Email with the standard documents (cover letter including research interests, CV, relevant certificates) Please refer to the application links provided for each position for additional information, regulations, due dates, and procedures concerning the application. Only applications that are submitted on time will be considered.
Dr.-Ing. Kristina Yordanova TextToHBM University of Rostock, Institute of Computer Science, Albert-Einstein-Str. 22, 18059 Rostock, Germany E-Mail: kristina.yordanova at uni-rostock.de Web: https://text2hbm.org http://stenialo.org