CLOUD – SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERS
Based in Bristol with travel as required.
HP’s investment in Cloud Infrastructure and Services reflects a significant part of our computing strategy. Cloud Services will have a huge impact on the way in which IT is supplied and consumed by individuals, small/medium-sized enterprises, large enterprises and governments – whole new classes of service and functionality will be made possible. The promise of Cloud Services is profound and exciting for both users and providers, and HP is uniquely positioned to play a key role in making it real and compelling.
HP’s Cloud business is creating an R&D facility in Bristol, alongside HP Labs, to build core product technologies that are scalable, secure, reliable, resilient, flexible and adaptive. We are seeking highly-motivated and talented individuals, both technologists and managers, to become part of this new and expanding group. HP requires a number of Software Development Engineers to work as part of a fast-moving,
global, entrepreneurial team creating a large-scale distributed management system for delivering and managing cloud infrastructure and platform services. The role will include all aspects of the software engineering lifecycle. The area of focus will
· building distributed management intelligence for a large-scale, federated data-centre fabrics, meeting performance, security, reliability, persistence and scalability requirements
Qualifications Experience Required:-
· Experience in all aspects of the software engineering lifecycle; architecture, design, development, documentation, test, deployment and support
· Experience in developing with distributed systems, preferably large-scale, secure and dependable systems.
· Experience in designing and building robust large-scale management systems
· In-depth Linux experience including development on Linux
· Experience with virtualization (one or more of KVM / Xen / Vmware) desired
· Systems-level development in Java. Other languages (Python, C/C++, etc.) an advantage
· Excellent teamwork skills, including working as part of a distributed, global team
Click here to apply online
or search for job 534378 at http://jobs.hp.com
Two Post-doc Positions at HP Labs
HP Labs, in Palo Alto, California, seeks two postdoctoral research scientists for an in-depth investigation of the uses of new nonvolatile memory (NVM) technologies in high-performance computing systems. The investigation spans NVM technology and modeling; memory system design and analysis; the impact of NVM on system architecture; the software abstractions suitable for NVM; and distributed programming models that can take advantage of nonvolatility. Applicants should have (or expect soon) a PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a background in one or more of
programming of distributed systems
resilience aspects of distributed systems
For more information, please contact:
Rob Schreiber at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paolo Faraboschi at <email@example.com>